The Ribbon is an ever growing number of meter-by half-meter (or one yard by half-yard) pictures, sewn or painted on fabric, showing what each individual maker loves most and wants to protect by abolishing nuclear weapons, ending wars and preserving the environment.
The pictures show families, animals, soccer games, oceans, the seasons, homes...
Each Ribbon segment celebrates the beauty and importance of life. When symbolically tied together they show we are ready to join with all humanity in protecting Earth's life.
Nothing in the history of art compares to this enormous effort
by people of many nations uniting in world support for the care and protection of the earth.
e-mail the Ribbon Project: Click Here
The Ribbon International is a Non Governmental Organization in Association with the United Nations Department of Public Information.
Justine Merritt, Founder of the Ribbon, passed on Jan. 7, 2009. May the peace Justine spread throughout the world continue to grow.
Some organizations who have worked with the Ribbon project:
- Coalition for Peace Action, www.peacecoalition.org
- Church Women United, www.churchwomen.org
- International Health Awareness Network, www.IHAN.org
- Kultural Information and Koordination, www.kik-kultur.dk
- Latin America, ribbon-la.livejournal.com
- The Ribbon Tangible Hope Blog, theribboninternational.blogspot.com